EXCLUSIVE: In-Depth Interview with Terry Trussell of Dixie County, FL - Arrested by a Corrupt Judiciary
Please take a moment to share this with your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers and feel free to link to this interview from your own or your organization's website. We The People cannot let this go unnoticed.
On Friday, September 12th, 2014, on the 5-year anniversary of the 9/12 March On Washington where 1.2 million people gathered in protest of the despicable behavior by their representatives in Washington, D.C., Terry Trussell of Dixie County, FL and I sat down for an in-depth interview to discuss why he was arrested and charged with several felonies.
On September 2nd, 2014 just after 3:00 PM in the afternoon, Terry Trussell's life was changed forever.
To stay up to date about this story and more and/or to send Terry Trussell a personal message, fill out the form below.
Timeline of Events:
1. April 21, 2014 - Terry Trussell is selected as the Grand Jury Foreman of Dixie County, FL for a 6-month term ending on or about October 19, 2014.
2. June 18, 2014 - Terry Trussell, as Grand Jury Foreman, was made aware of Criminal Activity in Dixie County, FL.
3. July 21, 2014 - Terry Trussell, as Grand Jury Foreman, begins the process of convening the Dixie County Grand Jury by requesting Johnson set the earliest possible date and send notices to Grand Jurors.
4. July 23, 2014 – after insisting she required Siegmeister’s approval, Dana Johnson mailed notices to jurors announcing jury to be convened August 1, 2014.
5. July 23, 2014 – Siegmeister called Trussell to challenge out why he wanted to convene the jury, then begrudgingly relented and agreed to also supply the jurors with written Grand Jury Instructions, Grand Jury Handbook, and copy of the US Constitution, along with Foreman’s instructions to read and commit to comply with the information.
6. July 24, 2014 – Siegmeister responded to Trussell’s request for mailing to jurors via email, asserting his role in the process. Siegmeister mailed out jury notices but failed to include copies of Constitution and Forman’s instructions, as required by Trussell.
7. July 28, 2014 - Terry Trussell's efforts are met with resistance by State Attorney, Jeffrey A. Siegmeister and Dixie County Clerk of Court, Dana Johnson, when Trussell requested list of jurors so he could verify attendance and Grand juror’s identities. He was denied access. Trussell was told by Siegmeister the jurors’ identities were secret, even from each other.
8. August 1, 2014 - During the meeting of the Dixie County Grand Jury, State Attorney Jeffrey A. Siegmeister, among numerous other infractions, declares, "This is my meeting. This is my Grand Jury." Trussell responded, “If this is your grand jury, why am I here?” Siegmeister quipped, “I am wondering the same thing.”
9. August 4, 2014 - Terry Trussell drafts a statement detailing the untenable conflicts with State Attorney and hand-delivers it to Judge Cynthia Munkittrick.
10. August 5, 2014 - Munkittrick fails to respond to Trussell’s request for resolution of conflict with Siegmeister. In absence of any indication of Court support, Trussell files a Bill of Information with the Dixie County Clerk of Courts, deeming the statutory Grand Jury of Dixie County compromised and tainted, in an effort to protect himself.
11. August 7, 2014 – a letter is drafted (8/5) by Parker and emailed to Trussell via Siegmeister claiming Parker was at my disposal at the Dixie County Courthouse on August 1, during the Grand Jury meeting. His insinuation was that he was fulfilling the requirements of his office and it was my fault I didn’t reach out to him when I had irreconcilable differences with Siegmeister. According to Trussell’s response to him, his letter appears to be too little, too late in a lame attempt to cover his unprofessional conduct. Had he been diligent in his duty, he would have notified Trussell in advance of the meeting, not 7 days later, then blame Trussell for not knowing the change in Court authority had been made. There was no indication of the date Court Authority was changed.
12. August 11, 2014 - As Florida is a Common Law state, people of Dixie County meet to elect 25 jurors in accordance with Common Law.
13. August 14, 2014 - The People's Grand Jury under Common Law meet at the Dixie County Courthouse to hear evidence of criminal activity within their borders.
14. August 15, 2014 - Dixie County Clerk of Court, Dana Johnson, receives and files two (2) True Bills of Presentment issued by The People's Grand Jury under Common Law of Dixie County.
a. The first True Bill of Presentment charges State Attorney, Jeffrey A. Siegmeister with Obstruction of Justice and Tampering with the Jury.
15. August 18 and August 20 - Terry Trussell and others are interrogated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for approximately two hours each session
16. State Attorney Jeffrey A. Siegmeister retaliates by filing a Petition to have Terry Trussell removed from the Grand Jury.
17. August 29, 2014 – Trussell receives letter (Dated 8/25) from Chief Judge Greg Parker of the Third Judicial Circuit Florida, informing him of his granting of Siegmeister’s Petition and that Trussell’s services are no longer needed.
18. September 2, 2014 – Around 10:30 AM, Trussell mails reply to Parker’s 8/25 letter (with copies to Siegmeister/Hatcher/Johnson).
19. September 2, 2014 – At 3:08 PM, Terry Trussell is arrested and taken to jail.
20. September 2, 2014 – Trussell is brought into jail, advises personnel his 5th Amendment Rights have been violated and that his arrest is illegal. He refuses to sign any paperwork except receipt for his clothing and glasses. He refuses to remove his wedding band. Because he refused to sign paperwork, he is not booked in the jail until the following morning. He is also refused any opportunity to be seen by magistrate until following day, in spite of have a Bond Order attached to his paperwork.
a. Upon examination of Bond Order signed by Judge James Hankinson, Trussell (former bail bondsman) realizes the Order is in improper form and not valid in its requirements and refuses to bond out, fearing trickery.
21. September 3, 2014 – Trussell is taken to Major Ridgeway’s office in handcuffs (behind back) and seated in front of his desk. Major Ridgeway explains he must get Mr. Trussell booked. Mr. Trussell explains his arrest is illegal and his Fifth Amendment rights have been violated. He states he will not sign any paperwork due to his distrust of the judiciary’s motives and objectives. Major Ridgeway accepts Trussell’s concerns and booking proceeds without paperwork complete.
a. Detention Officer explains to Trussell a judge (not Munkittrick) will call around 10 AM and arrange a CCTV hearing to set bail. Trussell is asked if he wants Public Defender. Trussell declines.
b. At 1:30 PM, Trussell is called out of his holding cell and placed in the CCTV room with a Public Defender, Melanie Fenton (?) and a detention officer and Major Ridgeway. Trussell is again asked if he wants a Public Defender. Trussell agrees. Defender advises Trussell to keep remarks to ‘Yes’ and ‘No’, and just do what it took to get out of jail. Trussell complies.
c. At approximately 3:30 PM, Trussell is released, custody of Jason Holifield, bail bondsman.